Sustainable development in picture!
In the continuity of its sustainable development brochure, Verallia created a video on its involvement in matters of social, societal and environmental responsibility.
Filmed on several of Verallia's industrial sites, the movie illustrates our company's seven sustainable development commitments:
- COMPREHENSIVELY APPLY OUR PRINCIPLES OF CONDUCT:
Professional Commitment, Respect for Others, Integrity, Loyalty, and Solidarity
AND OUR PRINCIPLES OF ACTION:
Respect for the Law, Caring for the Environment, Worker Health & Safety, and Employee Rights
- PURSUE A PROACTIVE WORKPLACE HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY
- ENCOURAGE THE PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT OF OUR EMPLOYEES
With special focus on diversity, training and career management
- BE A RESPONSIBLE AND SUSTAINABLE PLAYER WITHIN OUR LOCAL COMMUNITIES,
Notably through the promotion of glass recycling and enhancing awareness of all aspects of sustainable development
- MINIMIZE THE ENVIRONMENTAL FOOTPRINT OF OUR ACTIVITIES
With four priorities:
- Maximize the use of recycled glass in our furnaces
- Increase the energy efficiency of our production processes
- Reduce our CO2 emissions
- Optimize our water resources
- IMPLEMENT ALTERNATIVE SOLUTIONS TO FOSSIL ENERGY
for our activities, by developing R&D programs notably regarding green electricity, biogas and syngas made from biomass
- DEVELOP ECO-VALUED PRODUCTS
to bring additional value to our customers.
As from now, play the video on: http://verallia.com/en/sustainable-development/our-strategy